Holiday Crafts – Halloween Decorations Kids Can Make
October 20, 2012 in $1 and Free, Back to School, cheap craft, cheap crafts, Crafting with the Kids, create art, dollar store craft, Frontpage Articles, Fun with the Kids, get a little creative, holiday, HOLIDAY CRAFTS, Holidays, homeschool, jack-o-lantern, KID'S CRAFTS, Kids, Lil Bit of Everything, paper-crafts
Its Halloween time, it is a time where everyone can enjoy tons of free and fun things to do. It’s also a time where we can give kids something crafty, creative and fun to do, something that is based on the Halloween theme itself. Let’s make the kids prepare the decorations for Halloween using their own skills. There are a lot of crafty Halloween decorations that kids can make by themselves with just a little help from adults in their lives.
Here are just a couple of ideas of Halloween crafts that kids can make:
- Jack o lantern mask – Kids can make their own jack o lantern mask by cutting a circular piece of paper into the size of their face. Painting it all orange in the shape of jack o lantern and making a face with a black marker.
- Pasta skeleton – Kids can also make a pasta skeleton by using different types of pasta to be portrayed as bones. For example, ribs can be made by semi-circular pasta and the other parts can be made by straight and spiral pasta. After figuring out the shape they then paste it onto black paper.
- Ghost necklace – Kids of all ages can make a ghost necklace with glue. All you have to do is pour the glue on a non-stick table or use wax paper, shape it into a necklace and leave it there until it dries completely and gets all white. Now just peel the glue from the table and punch a hole in it and tie it with a thread. You now have your white sheet ghost necklace.
- String of jack o lanterns - Kids can simply make a string of jack o lanterns by getting coloured printouts from a shop and cutting them in circular manner in the shape of a pumpkin. Punching a hole in all of them at once and tying it with a long enough thread. This will make a string of jack o lanterns to decorate.
- Cup of worms - Kids can make a cup of worms using some of chocolate pudding and putting some gummy worms in it. These are really fun to eat too!
- Balloon ghost - One scarier thing kids can make is scary balloon ghost. For this, all you have to use is a balloon and two polythene bags cut vertically. Stick the two together and paint them the color you want and now you have your balloon ghost ready to scare everyone.
So, there you have it, just a couple of fun and easy crafts that kids can make for Halloween decorations. Kids love making things, and they love it even more if you make crafts with them, so make a day of it and have some fun with your kids.